Sunday, April 20, 2014

Scalpellum; an introduction.

I always find it hard to describe myself to others, particularly strangers. I am never quite sure when I have provided enough information to be honest, while also not crossing the line into oversharing. But as a general rule for myself, I prefer to be overly honest than underly honest. I would rather make errors of boldness, than errors of timidity.

I first discovered the “Manosphere” about a year ago. In fact, Athol Kay is at least partially responsible for the fact that I am not married; for which I am incredibly grateful. At the time, I was engaged, and as I learned more, and as I kept asking questions, and as we went through our pre-marital counseling, it became clear to me that marrying her was not a good idea. So I ended it. And frankly that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It wrecked me. And it made me re-evaluate everything.

My entire philosophical system had to be re-evaluated. Because my conclusions weren’t corresponding to the real world, I knew that either my premises, or my logic was faulty. So I had to start back at the beginning and work my way forward. One of the hard truths I had to confront was the fact that I was a loser. So the past year has been me working to stop being a loser.

 I have been doing that for the last year, and my role in Ferrous Gens is to talk about some of the conclusions I have had, and some of the questions I have been wrestling with. I am not going to write about pick up strategies, or how to get same day lays, or anything along those lines. I don’t have any experience with that, nor do I have any interest in it. I am not going to write about how to be happily married. Having never been married, it would be inappropriate.

What I am going to write about is philosophy, specifically metaphysics, and epistemology, theology, my self-improvement journey, and what I am looking for in a woman, and how I am going about trying to find her. In short, I am going to write about how to become a good man, and what I am doing to become better at being a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment