Tuesday, June 3, 2014

On Country Music.

Country music is where I started, left for awhile, and now have returned to. I have a fascination with it now, as I have been made wise to the real ways of the world. On one hand, you have these big ole country boys, big trucks, fighting, beer and chasing women. Country girls love it, and given what we observe, that figures. On the other hand we have these country music stars who sing about the most depressingly blue pill, delta male topics: Oneitis, Supplication and Willingly participating in being friend-zoned. I could go on, but wont.

Women eat this stuff up.

 All of it.

Now, I am not a shrink, behavioral scientist or mental health practitioner, nor have I ever played one on TV(/hat tip Scalp). Given what we have collectively worked out as men of the Sphere, the fact that women love the pining-away sappy side of country serves to reinforce what we have come to know. Women have no ability, no observing ego that allows them to see their own disconnect between what they value in men and what they say they value. I think I will leave this idea around for greater thinkers than I to evaluate and find how this benefits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment